Dental Implants – Lubbock, TX
Ushering in a New
Wave of Dentistry
Over the last several decades, dental implants, a modern solution to replacing missing teeth, are becoming increasingly more popular among patients. They’re an incredibly unique treatment that takes a more holistic approach to restoring smiles. Not only do they capture the lifelike quality of home-grown teeth, but they also restore the vital structure that lies below the gums. If you’d like to learn whether you’re a good candidate for dental implants in Lubbock, TX, don’t hesitate to call our dental office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Shively.
Why Choose Kevin Shively, DMD for Dental Implants?
- Start-to-Finish Dental Implant Treatment
- Flexible In-House & Third-Party Financing Available
- Replacement Teeth That Can Last a Lifetime
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants themselves are small titanium posts that Dr. Shively strategically places below the gumline and into the jawbone to restore the missing root structure of a tooth. Not only does this provide restorations that will be secured to them with a strong, stable foundation, but it also provides the bone with necessary stimulation and blood flow to keep it from deteriorating over time.
The 4-Step Dental Implant Process
Dr. Shively has attended specialty training and continuing education courses to be able to complete the entire dental implant procedure from the comfort of his own dental office, from implant placement surgery to restoring the implants. That way, you’ll be able to stick with the same, trusted team of professionals that you started your treatment with. Here's what you can expect:
- Dental Implant Consultation: First, we'll want to inspect your oral health and the status of your smile. With this information, Dr. Shively can begin to formulate a custom treatment.
- Dental Implant Surgery: Dr. Shively will personally place one or more implants into the jawbone, creating a sturdy foundation.
- Dental Implant Osseointegration/Abutments: The implants will need a few months to bond with the bone. We may also attach abutments, which will connect the implant to the lifelike restoration.
- Final Placement of Dental Implant Restorations: Our team will seat your brand-new "teeth" over the implant or implants, ensuring a comfortable, confident fit!
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants have so much to offer. They combine the aesthetic beauty of traditional restorations with a practical approach of restoring the entire structure of missing teeth. This allows patients to enjoy a wide array of benefits, including:
- Prevent jawbone deterioration with stimulation of the area.
- Natural looking and feeling replacement teeth.
- Lifespan of 35+ years with routine maintenance and at-home care.
- No alteration of surrounding teeth necessary to restore missing ones.
- Maintain better oral health with a complete smile.
- Preserve your facial structure by preventing bone loss.
- No need to worry about messy adhesives.
- Enhanced eating and speaking abilities.
The list of benefits when you get dental implants goes on and on, but to find out how they can change your life, it’s best to visit your implant dentist in Lubbock. Dr. Shively will walk you through the pros and cons of treatment in your unique situation and take the time to help you understand the process.
Who Dental Implants Can Help
Not everybody is a good candidate for dental implants, which is why the initial consultation process is so important. During your appointment, Dr. Shively will take X-rays of your mouth and conduct a thorough examination. He’ll also speak with you about any expectations and goals that you have for your smile. Based on this information, he’ll outline a customized treatment plan for you so you know what to expect.
Missing Single Tooth
To replace one tooth, Dr. Shively will place a single dental implant in the gap in your smile. Once it has fused with the jawbone, our team can then attach a customized dental crown that will look completely natural surrounded by your home-grown teeth.
Missing Multiple Teeth
To replace two or more missing teeth in a row, we also offer implant-retained bridges. Instead of altering surrounding teeth, like we would have to do with a traditional bridge, we’ll place two dental implants on either side of the gap in your smile. These will anchor the prosthetic securely in place.
Understanding the Cost of Dental Implants
Every dental implant treatment that we do is different because they’re customized to meet each of our patient’s unique needs. The cost of your procedure will depend on a number of factors, including what type of restoration you need, how many dental implants you need to have placed, and whether you require preparatory procedures like a bone graft or tooth extraction. We’ll outline the price in detail during your initial consultation as well as our financing options that are available to you.