Veneers – Lubbock, TX
Perfect Your Smile with Veneers
Not everyone is born with the perfect smile that they have always dreamed of. Fortunately, thanks to modern dental technology, you don’t need to settle for teeth that you aren’t confident showing off. Dr. Kevin Shively offers dental veneers to give patients that perfect, red carpet-ready smile they are looking for. Customized veneers in Lubbock can help to drastically improve the appearance of your teeth. To learn more or to schedule a consultation, give us a call and we’d be happy to help!
Why Choose Kevin Shively, DMD for Veneers?
- Dentist Committed to Continuing Education
- Made from High-Quality Porcelain
- Dental Membership Plan Available
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are thin shells of tooth-colored material that are placed over the front surface of the teeth in order to mask imperfections. They are placed using a minimally invasive procedure and conceal a world of cosmetic flaws that many people feel self-conscious about. Many patients consider them because they have teeth that are:
The dental porcelain and ceramic that is used to make veneers closely resembles your natural tooth enamel, leaving you with a beautiful, healthy appearance. On top of that, these materials are very strong and prevent stains and chips in the future!
The Process of Getting Veneers
First, you will have your initial consultation with Dr. Shively. During this time, you will discuss the goals you have for your smile and how veneers can help you achieve the results you’re looking for. If you are deemed to be a good candidate for the procedure, a small portion of enamel is taken of the front-facing surface of the teeth and an impression will be made. This is then sent off to a dental laboratory where your dental veneers will be made. In the meantime, we will provide you with a temporary set of veneers so you can become accustomed to how your teeth will feel with your custom ones. As soon as we receive your veneers, you can return to the practice, and they will be cemented into place. At this time, small adjustments can be made to give you a perfectly comfortable and natural smile!
The Benefits of Veneers
Dental veneers provide all sorts of different benefits for patients who are looking to say goodbye to cosmetic flaws. Here are just a handful of them:
- Stain resistance: Veneers resist stains much more than your natural tooth enamel does. They are ultimately a long-term whitening solution.
- Long life: When cared for properly, veneers can last more than 15 years!
- Look natural: Veneers are placed in a way that makes them appear natural. No one will be able to tell that you have had cosmetic dental work.
- Personalized: Dental veneers are crafted to be the exact size, shape, and color necessary to blend in with the rest of your smile.